How To Apply
Step 1: Search for California Lottery Job Openings
- Visit the CalCareers website to view all current California Lottery job openings
Step 2: Take an Exam or Self-Assessment
Once you find a job opening you are interested in, we need to learn more about you. We will evaluate your education, experience, abilities, and knowledge through an exam or self-assessment.
- From the job listing on CalCareers, go to the Minimum Requirements section to see what qualifications are needed for the classification. If you are interested and qualified, you will need to take the exam or self-assessment. Note: If you are new to California State service and you do not have list eligibility, you must take an exam to gain employment eligibility.
- To find and take the exam, visit the CalCareers website
- Select the “Exam/Assessment Search” option
- Type the job classification into the Keyword search bar
- Click “Search”
- Click “View Exam Posting”
- Review and follow the exam bulletin instructions to take the exam or self-assessment If you pass, then you will have established list eligibility and can apply for the job
Step 3: Apply for the Job!
- You can apply for the job through your CalCareers account which you have already created from taking the exam or self-assessment.
- From the job listing page, click “Apply Now”
- Follow the instructions to apply
Things To Note:
- Once you take an exam and gain list eligibility, you will be notified of any new openings within that job classification.
- You can create up to ten customized application templates, so be sure to tailor your application to the job you are applying for.
- You can upload and attach documents such as a resume, cover letter, transcripts, statement of qualifications, letters of recommendation, etc.
- If you are selected for an interview, we will contact you.